Phentermine is a drug has a sensitive medical use. It is a prescription drug whose effectiveness cannot be ignored. Its generic name is phentermine HCL and is an appetite suppressant grouped as a sympathomimetic amine. For those seeking weight loss, phentermine 37.5 mg works perfectly with prescriptions and diet combination which has approval from a physician. Who would not love to have the correct weight anyway?
The following are the common types of Phentermine:
The most popular phentermine 37.5 mg pill whose active ingredient is 37.5 mg of phentermine hydrochloride. It is classified as a schedule IV controlled substance and its manufacturer is the Teva Pharmaceuticals, United States. Its common use is in persons that seek to lose weight drastically. Its administration is usually to the persons who need to attain a healthier weight before undergoing particular surgeries. Adipex-P’s form is hard to imitate as its blue specks cannot remain as they are with addition or substitution of a single ingredient. It is one of the most effective phentermine drugs.
The drug exists in different quantities of 15mg all the way to 37.5 mg. It is available as white and blue capsules called phentermine K25, whose manufacturer is the KVK Tech. This drug’s prescription involves starting from the smaller quantities of 15 mg, and when they are not effective, these quantities get a gradual increment from the physician.
This is another drug by the KVK Tech. It is a prescription diet pill that is relatively new in the market. It exists in the form of white tablets with blue specks that looks like doggy bones or tears. It is more like Adipex-P with the same active ingredient but whose quantities are at lower levels. These have less severe side effects but can be addictive as well. Their impact on weight loss is quite slow as they are taken in amounts of 8mg. One of its unique characteristics is that it is the only phentermine drug that can be taken a day thrice. The drug is gaining worldwide recognition and is increasing in demand.
It is the most expensive and most concentrated phentermine drug. It contains 46mg phentermine in combination with Topiramate, an approved anticonvulsant drug. The drug has more adverse side effects as a result of its high concentration. It is less popular in the market because of its pricing.
This drug does not contain phentermine, and one can get it over the counter. It is a prescription for people with obesity and records high positive feedback from those who have its experience. It is advisable however for those that are not obese to seek advice from medical practitioners. This drug is best described as the herbal version of Adipex-P. It is pocket-friendly, effective and has little or no side effects but this again varies from one person to the other.
Dosage, Side Effects, Precaution and Interaction of Phentermine:
- Strictly adhere to the doctor’s prescription.
- Do not take drugs like Adipex-P with meals instead, take theme one hour before breakfast or two hours after breakfast.
- Sharing your phentermine prescription with anyone is illegal.
- Phentermine may cause insomnia and restlessness thus do not take it past 6 PM.
- Seek medical assistance when your prescription is not working for you.
- Take drugs with a high concentration of Phentermine in small doses to prevent addiction and adverse effects.
- Gradually stop your prescription as opposed to an abrupt stopping.
- Have proper storage for your drugs.
- Talk to your doctor about any allergies you have before starting your phentermine treatment.
- Make sure that you do not have any medical condition before taking any phentermine medication.
- Do not take any phentermine medication in places where you are required to be alert such as while operating heavy machinery or while driving.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should not take this medication.
- When about to undergo any surgery or dental medication, inform your doctor of your Phentermine prescription.
- Inform your doctor about your phentermine dose before they administer you any prescription as they may have an adverse reaction with other drugs.
- Always consult your doctor before stopping or changing any dose you were using before you start taking phentermine drugs.
- Phentermine should not be taken with other stimulants.
- Phentermine interferes with brain scan especially in diagnosing Parkinson’s disease.
Most patients may have some degree of doubt when it comes to weight loss. They may feel doubtful whether phentermine 37.5 mg works. For them to have a clear solution for their uncertainty, it is advisable for them to seek medical guidance. This guidance will help them to weigh their choice and decide whether they would still like to take the phentermine option or not. They can talk to other patients with experience with these drugs and find out to which extent they can be useful.