How to Make a Wash Cloth Bunny
Welcome to Smart School House! In celebration of all things spring and Easter, today I’m going to show you how to make a Wash Cloth Bunny! These are also known as boo boo bunnies and you can put ice cubes in them to help soothe a child’s boo boo (so cute!). They are easy, quick, and inexpensive to make.
Last updated: January 9, 2018
This post was originally published onMarch 4, 2017
To make a wash cloth bunny or a boo boo bunny, you will need the following supplies:
I got everything for Walmart
- Wash cloth (any size, they just need to be square in shape)
- Hair tie or rubber band
- Optional: googly eyes, and pom poms for the tail & nose
- Glue or hot glue (if you want to attach eyes, tail, and nose)
Since spring is approaching, Walmart had cute pastel colored wash cloths for just about a dollar each. So perfect! Consider checking the dollar store too.
Watch how to make a Wash Cloth Bunny:
How to Make a Bunny with a Wash Cloth
- Place the wash cloth in a diamond shape in front of you. Tightly roll up one corner to the center
- Roll the opposite corner up to the center
- Make sure the creases meet evenly. Place an ice cube in the center of this crease if you’re making a boo boo bunny:
- Bend the rolled up wash cloth in half and then place one “ear” in front of the other
- Gather the front of the wash cloth tightly and wrap a hair tie or rubber band around it. This forms the bunny’s face.
- Wrap ribbon around the hair tie or rubber band to conceal it. Add a cotton bunny tail with a pom pom
- Glue on the eyes and nose (I use hot glue)
In a matter of minutes you’ve created an ADORABLE wash cloth bunny!
Give them as gifts, decorate them, or play with them during spring.
Here are some other spring and Easter ideas we know that you will love!